For updated information and recommendations regarding Corona virus (Covid-19) in Norway, please click on these links:
Rules and recommendations Norwegian Government Helse Norge - Entry into Norway
The following rules apply:
- The Government advises against all domestic and international travel that is not strictly necessary.
- The Norwegian Institute of Public Health has updated information about the rules which apply for travel to and from a country or region classed as red or yellow.
- Anyone arriving in Norway from a country or region classed as red must stay in quarantine for 10 days from their date of arrival in Norway.
- The areas that do not trigger quarantine duty can change quickly.
- Avoid using public transport, if possible.
- Avoid close contact with others.
Quarantine rules for tourists and work-related travellers in the Senja region
You can stay at a hotel or other accommodation during the mandatory quarantine period. Such accommodation must have a separate bedroom, separate bathroom and kitchen or food delivery. Furthermore, you must socially distance from anyone you do not normally live with.
People travelling to Norway for work must stay at an official quarantine hotel unless their employer provides a suitable place for them to stay during the mandatory quarantine period. If using this exception, everyone (including spouses) must have their own bedroom and bathroom, etc.
There are a lot of rules about quarantine. Read more here.
Public transport is operating normally. The Government’s recommendations and restrictions are changing constantly, so please contact us for details about opening hours of restaurants and shops, etc.
We also recommend that you check the website of specific businesses and accommodation providers for detailed information.
To avoid spreading the virus, ensure that you:
• Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer if you do not have access to soap and water.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a paper towel (not your hands) if you sneeze or cough, or cough/sneeze into your elbow.
• Clean and disinfect affected surfaces and objects regularly to reduce spread of the virus.
• Keep at least 1 metre’s distance from other people.
If you have symptoms such as fever, sore throat, chest pains or difficulty breathing, stay at home or in your hotel room/apartment and call the hotel reception, your general practitioner or the out-of-hours medical service on 116 117 for information about what you should do.
Do not go to the hospital or out-of-hours medical service. Instead, call the service numbers and clarify your situation. This is the best and most efficient way of obtaining professional and rapid assistance.
For detailed information about avoiding spread of the virus, please visit the Norwegian Institute of Public Health’s website.